Construction and Demolition Safety
In many countries, construction kills more people in workplaces than any other activity – in major oil and gas organisations, only road traffic incidents typically kill more people. This is a major concern to many in the industry. This course is a five day programme designed to develop skills for application on construction projects. The simple aim is to assist delegates to identify and manage the causes of fatalities and disabling injuries during construction works, whilst at the same time, promoting high standards of occupational health and safety.
The course develops participant’s awareness and knowledge of common hazards in construction hazards and shows how recognised approaches can be applied to improve the management of health and safety. Throughout the course, powerful mini-case studies illustrating both good and bad practices are used to bring home key messages on site safety.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course, but an appreciation of health and safety management (such as that gained from attendance at a course such as Applied. HSE Management) would be a distinct advantage.
- Construction health and safety management systems
- Health and safety culture
- Common construction hazards
- Construction and demolition
- Scaffold safety
- Work at height and fall protection
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment
- Tool and work equipment safety
- Movement of people and vehicles
- Emergency preparedness
- Define typical company procedures and policies for construction and demolition.
- Improve the planning and management of construction/demolition projects from the very start, including the design, pre-tender and selection processes.
- Prepare a health and safety plan for the pre-construction/ demolition and execution phases.
- Engage, induct and develop safe working practices from construction workers and construction contractors (including the self-employed)
- Identify, assess and manage higher risk work place conditions (e.g. unstable ground) and construction operations such as use of scaffolds, roof work, excavations, hoists and other lifting equipment.
- Communicate effectively during construction projects, including with foreign language speakers Prepare a health and safety file.
- Carry out site inspections and examinations of safety critical equipment of construction and demolition equipment.
- Promote continual improvement on construction sites.
- Project Managers
- Site Agents
- HSE professionals
- Others: [refers to any/all individuals persons, organisation or enterprises] involved in managing health and safety on construction sites during demolition, new building, maintenance and alteration project
Two (2) Days
- Training Manuals
- To be provided by client
Meals and Tea:
- To be provided by client